Saturday, July 25, 2009

Road Trip

We had such a great time going to Utah and seeing family and friends. Too bad we can't just always be on vacation :)
I did a really bad job remembering to take pictures, but here is a little piece of what we got to do.
The drive itself was not too bad. We left Monday after noon and stayed the night in Kanab. Then Tuesday morning we woke up nice and early and drove to Cedar City to visit a friend of mine. Carly and I served in the same mission but were never companions, we did share an area and house at one time however. I admire this girl so much, she is amazing. She was an awesome missionary and she is one of those people when you are around her you just want to be a better person. She just had a baby, Raymond, he is a doll! After our nice visit with her and her cute family we went on our way and stopped in Santiquin. Devin's mission president owns the Big Red Barn out there with all the yummy treats and probably the best homemade ice cream i have ever tasted. It was really nice to be able to see them. (if you ever go out that way, I highly reccomend you stop for ice cream )
Finally we made it to SL and we got to see Grandma Vance.. I think I will have to do a whole separate post on Grandma and how speacial she is to us. We saw Devin's sister, Christa, and our nephew, Wesley, for the first time in almost 2 years too. I got to meet more of Devin's cousins and family. We pretty much decided that Utah is so pretty and want to move there. I loved all the green and mountains and trees.. and the houses were all different and unique.. Very nice place to live.
I was able to see some more friends. I visited my good buddy Brittney, we were roommates in Utah. Good memories! I had dinner with 'the girls' (pictures to come) These girls were the best living in Utah. We all worked together and got a long so well! we would have American Idol parties together, go the the AI concerts, best birthday parties together.. again, good times :)
As the week came to an end we spent the rest of the time with family. We did family pictures and played outside a lot and ate too much food. Sunday night we had a talent show, that was a lot of fun, I will try to post some videos of the acts.
By Monday it was time to leave again :( so off we went. We decided to go through St. George because that is where Devin's grandpa lives. We had a nice time visiting him and also my Mission president and his wife came over for awhile. I love those guys!
We left St. George Tuesday ready to be home and in our own beds. What do you know, Ezra got sick on the way between St. George and Vegas. We couldn't keep driving with him throwing up so we ended up staying the night on the Air Force base in Vegas and took showers, naps, and cleaned the car seat and car. Vegas was actually a really nice day b/c it was so relaxed.
Like i said we had a great time! I wish we could stayed a little longer and see more people but our purpose was to see Grandma as she is getting older and more sick.
We love our Family and Friends!

2 comments:

The Spencer's said...

sounds like you had a great time! when are you going to road trip up here?? I'm waiting, and i am dying to play with my niece and nephew!

Carly said...

You are so sweet. I LOVED LOVED getting to see you. Thank you for making a stop in Cedar to see us even though it didn't end up being your half-way point. It was so fun getting to see you as a mom--you are as fantastic as I knew you would be! And thank you for the "Happiest Baby..." DVD. I'm not goign to lie... it's made a WORLD of difference. You make me happy. Thanks :)